Real-Time Log: Diving in Tulamben

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@maat1976

Yes, he is the german owner of the resort. Seems a little shy to non german speakers, but he runs a good shop. Local guides are Kanchi and Ketut. We had excellent dives with Kanchi, and both Ketut and Kanchi are very helpfull is you dive without a guide. ( e.g. Liberty Wreck is quite easy).

The resort is nothing fancy, but spacious rooms, clean and nice bathrooms. The small pool is excellent for a rinse bath after your dive and the restaurant serves good and not expensive simple local and european food.

Would definatly go there again if we would visit Tulamben again.

Nice touch, we arranged Nitrox at no extra charge. ( they mix pre compressor and delivered a mix between 31,5/32,7 when asking 32%. So we were satisfied... :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Thanks PCR.

Besides Liberty Wreck, what dives stood out? We are also going to Padangbai, so will do Gili and Nusa from there.

We really liked the drop off as well. The coral garden doesn't deserve it's name, but lots of fun animals which are ussually rare can be found there ( shrimp, ribbon eels and murene).

Nothing special to see, but a fun play dive and very easy ’wreck' is the Kubu wreck. My fiancee/buddy ussually hates overheads, but was happy to fully penetrate the wreck. It's really easy and lots of clear wide open exits. Found a large murene inside, as well as a banded pipefish. But the site is artificial and new, so go there for a fun dive, not the wild life. ( it's 15 min by car)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Thanks again. I don't like overheads either.

I can hardly wait to get out there and I'm glad Ricardo and Ocean Sun was a good choice.

enjoy Indonesia I had a blast there last dec very impressed with LDR. Taxi drivers not understanding the English for "car Rental place" is hardly surprising. I think you wanting to rent tanks and go off and do your own thing is probably what is confusing the guys in LDR. it could well be a "why whats wrong with us" reaction or if we're been a little paranoid they could well have arrangements in place with local drivers guides fishermen etc etc which their unwillingy to admit to publicly*. Also many dive ops in Indo pay locals a small fee for the right to dive on their patch or access to the beach etc etc* which may be difficult to explain.

* this is not meant as a third world raise your eyebrows thing. It happens everywhere even in pretend 1st world Ireland. The long distance bus man who stops at the same cafe, the local farmer who charges for parking because a historical ruin is on his land and so on and on and on till the wallet is just a fraction lighter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom