Real Time Blue Manta Review: Banda Sea 9 – 19 Sept 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were on a Banda Sea trip from Sept 22-Oct 3, 2019 with Mermaid 1 - perhaps it is just the time of year but I wasn't impressed with the hammerhead sightings as viz wasn't great and at least for our dive group of 4 the sightings were infrequent and low in numbers.

I think my friends and I ran into you at Dive Into Ambon resort....I am narrowing down my Canadians quickly. :wink: You were the one that told us about the engine issue, right?

we did run into you at DIA resort. Sounds like you enjoyed the Ring of Fire cruise.

Yes. I, too, wish the visibility were better but it was still amazing. Could it have been better? Sure - always more hammies and with better vis. There were also groups that didn't see the schools so sometimes it is about luck and timing. I hope you got to dive with Dive Into Ambon a bit - some great muck diving around there. It's great to run into you here!

Yes. I, too, wish the visibility were better but it was still amazing. Could it have been better? Sure - always more hammies and with better vis. There were also groups that didn't see the schools so sometimes it is about luck and timing. I hope you got to dive with Dive Into Ambon a bit - some great muck diving around there. It's great to run into you here!
We did 5 days of diving at DIA before heading to Bali for another 6 days of diving with AquaMarine Diving. In Ambon we were fortunate to see a juvenile psychedelic frogfish no bigger than my thumbnail as well as a psychedelic frogfish with eggs.

We did 5 days of diving at DIA before heading to Bali for another 6 days of diving with AquaMarine Diving. In Ambon we were fortunate to see a juvenile psychedelic frogfish no bigger than my thumbnail as well as a psychedelic frogfish with eggs.

You saw psychedelic frogfish with eggs? Lucky you! I have never even seen a psychedelic frogfish, or any kind of frogfish with eggs. How can you see the eggs?

You saw psychedelic frogfish with eggs? Lucky you! I have never even seen a psychedelic frogfish, or any kind of frogfish with eggs. How can you see the eggs?
The eggs were tucked at the side of the frogfish and the tail-fin was used to cover the eggs and also fan the eggs. You can partially see the eggs in the middle of the picture.
frogfish with eggs.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom