Ready for First Digital Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scooba diver once bubbled...
does anyone have a link to where i can pic up one of these cameras and there underwater housings?
and how much do hey run 4?

Are you talking about the C-4040 or another Olympus? The 4040 has been discontinued but can occasionally be found. You didn't list where you live so I don't know of that pertains to you or not.

C-5050's can be found online for $550-800 and the housings for $150-250.

I can't suggest where to buy without knowing where you live. In the US you can find the cameras at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. type stores, sometimes with surprising prices. There are tons of online stores...B&H, Adorama, among tons of online distributors.

Dee once bubbled...
No...A slower shutter speed would only have allowed MORE/LONGER exposure. Remember the background is controlled by the shutter speed....so I would have gone with a faster shutter speed. Slowly bracketing until I got the whole area. Gee...guess you better go back and practice!!! :wink:
No...actually...it has to do with paying attention to what I post. :D I meant faster shutter speed, letting less light into the exposure....d'oh! I actually did (and often do) bracket most of my shots. Sometimes it's hard to do cuz stuff just keeps movin' underwater. :D All of the attempts at that exposure left me with a blown out sun. There was actually very little light down that deep...about 60 ft or so. I'll have lots more opportunities to shoot at that site, though.

I did try burning the highlights out, but with no success. Maybe I'll post the pic over at the dpreview site and see if anyone has any tips for post-processing over there.

Well....when you find out, please let me know! If I was in the darkroom, my old memory would know how to fix it but the computer generated stuff just eats my lunch most of the time! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom