Reader's Poll:

Which Dive Publications Do You Subscribe To: (Check All That Apply)

• Diver's Alert Newsletter

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Underwater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Advanced Diver Magazine

• Immersed

• Sport Diver

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Skin Diver

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Rodale's

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Diver

• Other

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norm

Reaction score
I know that you have seen these before, but most polls ask which diving publication is your favorite? (Which limits you to one) I would like to ask which diving publications you subscribe to? (Please list ALL that apply)

(NOTE: Please disregard the above poll as it will not let you make multiple votes as I originally had intended. Just write in your votes as individual posts. Thanks!)

Rodale's
Diver's Alert Network
Sport Diver

However...can anyone recommend a mag with less advertisments for travel and more "how to" info. Seems like especially Sport Diver is way to heavy on travel ads adn slim on meat. Thanks

I know what you mean Cougar. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION: Skin Diver and Rodale's are now dive travel. (I suppose it's easy money with lots of advertisers, huh?)
Immersed and Advanced Diver are my personal favorites, with Sport Diver a close third.
Just my opinion.

Dive Training
Alert Diver (DAN)
Skin Diver (DAN)
Undercurrent

Although I like to read Rodales gear reviews, I didn't renew my subscription. Probably be the same with Undercurrent. I recieve Skin Diver and Alert Diver through my DAN membership. Dive Training gives me something to read when I don't have access to the ScubaBoard.

None of them are as "Interactive" as the ScubaBoard.

Jarhead

IMHO when a magazine contains about 70% advertisement stuff it should be given away free of charge (they probably charge enough for the ads). "Rodales" is simply over-stuffed with commercials. I suspect that even some of its so called "gear reviews" are also partially "biased".

I like Rodale's for just about everything but the travel, I usually know where I want to go. And the ads have suck pretty pictures, does anyone know of a mag that is rodales without the travle and ads?

please???

As a new diver, I really liked Dive Training. Later on, I wanted to read something with more meat (kinda like going from High School to University). Now I like Advanced Diver, Immersed and Searchlines. ages

Could only select one, not all that apply

Rodale's
Undercurrent
Skin Diver
Dive Alert
PADI's Mag (all travel ads)
Dive Training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom