READ THIS NOW....NEW UPDATE...May 17 Flower Gardens trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Time is sneaking up on us, Folks. The April 5th due date for the trip is closer than I realized so it's time to get those balances paid. We have 4 spots still open at this time. Here's a list of attendees as of today...

RobP - DM
Campana - DM
Larry Day
Jay Morris
Tracy Morris
Texass - PD pp
Geek diver -
MakoSince70
Ian Riddington - mail
Jeff Horowitz - mail
Deanna Combs - mail
Effie Jarrett - mail

With the $50 deposits paid, everyone's balance is $310. I'll be sending out PM's shortly with my address.

3/24 Addition ~ I asked the Sea Searcher owners about the recently cancelled spots on our trip. I was told this...

I will get the webmaster to put "space available" on your date, will also get in touch with the folks on my "come a runnin" list. Will try and help, but if I can't help you out, or if the notice on the web does not help, you will be liable for the full boat. Otherwise give me 30 days notice, and I will re-book the trip.

In the 4 days since I posted this thread, the PM's and the emails I sent out, I have had 1 payment via PayPal and 4 emails saying the checks in the mail...and those emails are from folks not even on this board.

Since my name is on the bottom line of this contract, I am responsible for the balance. I WILL NOT be paying for this trip!
So you have 3 options....
1) Hope that someone sees our spaces available on the website or fills in at the last minute and if not, everyone who IS going will have to cough up extra money to cover those empty spots. With 4 empty spots, that's an additional $144 from the other 10 of you. To me this is not an option.

2) If we don't have all 14 places filled AND PAID FOR by April 10, we cancel the total trip and get a refund. I am leaving for Roatan on April 12 so I will move this deadline up a week to April 10. That's seventeen days.

3) We cancel now while there's no question about the timing to getting our money back. Those of you determined to go to the FG can check with Two Bit and his August trip.

Personally, #3 is my choice. This trip has been snake bit and cursed from the first. Let's get out of it now and ya'll can try again next year. If I don't hear from a significant number of you soon, as the signee of the contract, I will do this on my own.

3/27 ~~ This trip is cancelled.

Texass....I received your FG payment vis PayPal. Thanks!

Come on folks....I haven't heard anything from the rest of you. Are you out there???? I'd hate for Des to be all by himself on that boat!

Hi Dee,

What are the dates for the FG trip? I guess I'm behind on the posts these past few months...

When TL gets to at least mid-60's, I hope to be seeing you, Beast, and the rest of the southern swampers out there! :) I'll have to keep posted to the board for the temperature updates.

C'ya,
Emma

You don't write...you never call...you only like us in the summer??? :Rofl:

The date is the weekend of May 17/18.

Back
Top Bottom