re: N2ition depth off by 4ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I was diving yesterday and noticed at times that my N2ition was off up to 4ft in depth and other times it was right on with my Dive buddy's computer. I have 45 dives on the computer and this is the first problem I have had with it. Should I reset the computer or place a new battery in it? Other than this I love the computer.
Thank you for any help,
Kurt in Cebu

Sometimes a low battery can result in strange behaviour. Is this a wrist mount?

Sometimes wearing it too tight doesn't allow the sensor to read the pressure correctly.

Maybe it's your buddy's computer that is off?

HI,
Yes, its wrist mounted. And the reason I know its the computer is my depth gauge reads the same as my dive buddy's computer. I can try wearing it not so tight. I have had the dive computer for almost 2 yrs.

Good point. There is just about a 4' swing in your arm position whereas the console gauge is probably clipped in one spot.

Still, if it has been working well for two years and now is acting up, I'd change the battery. It's about due and would be a good idea even if it isn't the cause of this problem.

Both my Dive Buddy and I were thinking the same thing. About changing the battery. I just wanted to get some other people feelings in with it. When I am diving for the most part I keep my dive computer in front of me so, I can see and watch my depth,etc. And when I was comparing it to my Dive Buddy we would just not move and watch it for a few mins..
Thank you again. Take care

Definitely change the battery. Those computers are great but they start acting weird when the battery gets low and every time I've changed mine the low battery warning was not showing.

This is correct. If it has been working fine, and then goes all wonky, change the battery and that will most likely fix the issue!

Thanks,

Scott

hawkenph, after battery change have you had any issues??? i think there are a couple threads with different names that guys are seeing the same issues but dont realy hear any feedback after the battery change????? fix???? did not fix??? could you let me know please

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom