Re-found Rare Coke Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octotat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Several years ago I found this rare Coke bottle. It's from a bottler that didn't last long and made very few Cokes so it has a fair amount of value to it. I found it in a river in the SE.

I found someone interested in buying the bottle, and when I went to find it was nowhere to be found in the house. Then I remembered throwing a case of junk bottles away during a garage clean up. My blood ran cold that I just threw the thing out.

Yesterday I was looking for something and it was right there in a box that I know I looked through :D

It's really nice to have make a great dive find, but it's even better to find it again :wink:

Attachments

• Buccheit Coke.JPG
    Buccheit Coke.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 678
I was on board a U.S. Navy training ship a few years ago with Navy divers submerging to 500 ft in 1 atmosphere suits. One of the divers brought back over a dozen bottles from the ocean floor... just the ones within easy reach... and some of them dated back quite a way. When we do the deep submersible trips off Catalina next month I expect we will be plenty of such trash on the bottom... but won't be able to retrieve the potentially valuable stuff.

Several years ago I found this rare Coke bottle. It's from a bottler that didn't last long and made very few Cokes so it has a fair amount of value to it. I found it in a river in the SE.

I found someone interested in buying the bottle, and when I went to find it was nowhere to be found in the house. Then I remembered throwing a case of junk bottles away during a garage clean up. My blood ran cold that I just threw the thing out.

Yesterday I was looking for something and it was right there in a box that I know I looked through :D

It's really nice to have make a great dive find, but it's even better to find it again :wink:

That's really cool! Congrats on your find.. and re-find, haha. All you need now is a couple of rich collectors to get in a bidding fight over it on ebay :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom