re: Corn Islands-Nicaragua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was wondering who might have been to the Corn Islands-Nicaragua and what the diving and other conditions were like.

Have been to Managua several times and like the area. Am wondering if the Corn Islands are worth the extra flight from Managua though. I like off the beaten track places but not "too off" or "too beaten" :)

San Andres Island, Columbia is also off the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua. Maybe the best "all-around" place I've been.

Thanks in advance,

Sy

Yeah, it's worth it to go to Little Corn for several days or a week of laid-back time and 3 dives a day, thru Casa Iguana. See June 2006 Undercurrent cover story for info.

I spent a week on Little Corn at the Casa Iguana. It was okay, although not everyone in my group would agree with me. At least one member of my group found it a bit too rustic for his taste. For me, the biggest disappointment was the diving. It was rough and windy every day and they could only access 3 or 4 dive sites, and they were okay but definitely not great. Apparently that type of weather is not uncommon, so keep that in mind if diving is a priority.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom