Razor light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just saw this.
The Razor sidemount primary light, L2000.
It looks like a nice light; I'll check it out more closely once I'm at a computer.
It's hard to give it the full "nerd look over" from my phone.

I was curious to hear other opinions from side mount divers.

Go Side Mount Shop. Razor LED Primary Light L2000

Cheers,
Mitch

Last edited:
switch on the canister, bad. Switch on the head with multiple intensity settings is much nicer than having to reach back and toggle the switch.
highly unlikely it's a true 2000lm
the helmet mount is brilliant and something that I've been trying to figure out how to do on my UWLD light for a while
The crotch strap mount is fine, but I prefer the clips up to the harness and the drop rings are fine for attachment points
external charging, nice but not nearly as cohesive as the UWLD

Price isn't bad, but for a few hundred bucks more you can get the UWLD with higher light output, longer burn time, better switch system, and better external charging system. Combine that with the now latchless design, ability to stack the light heads for multiple lights or light/heater on the same canister, and docking station for charging, and I think the UWLD is still the best value.

The important part here is Steve is innovating. The crotch strap latch is brilliant, the helmet mount is great, the price of the light isn't bad, but the external switching would be the real deal breaker for me, especially in sidemount as stages haven't been standardized for above vs. below the primaries yet and I think above still works better. Also one less place to leak...

Thanks for your thoughts on that tbone,

I am currently using a Halcyon Flare with the straight cord. I use it for backmount and for sidemount (X-Deep Stealth and Dive Rite LT).

I was looking into getting another light with a sidemount cord. I was considering another Halcyon Flare with the side gland option, or an underwater light dude light.

With the UWLD lights, I am unsure on what Light head I would want. As long as the beam is comparable to the Halcyon Flare, I'm happy.

I previously owned a Halcyon 21 W HID. Going from that to the Flare.....I am happy with the beam on the Flare.

The price point on the Halcyon and the new Razor are nice......The UWLD is certainly tempting. I may end up upping my budget and getting one.

I don't think I would want the UWLD short can though....the medium can ends up adding to the price.....The struggle is real!

At the time I sold my HID I was going to buy an UWLD, but I was offered a great price on the H light.
Going forward.....now that I'm looking at a side gland light, that razor caught my eye. However, all lights (for me) get compared to the UWLD lights.

Thanks,
Mitch

The UWLD 35 is worth the price bump, but frankly if you have a Flare I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you really need the extra light. To me the push forward with innovation is impressive, Steve is doing a great job at it, and realistically the light is priced well for what it is *I believe it's a Light Monkey*, but at the same time the UWLD is literally that impressive....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom