Ratio Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can someone post me some links where I can find in depth information about GUE's Ratio Deco or suggest some books?

Thanks for your reply. I yet know that acrobat document but I'm looking for a more in-depth reading.

You best bet it to take a class from the guy who created the system:

Unified Team Diving (UTD) International LLC - (253) 632-5100

I imagine you're looking for math, etc.. You aren't going to find it, at least not directly.

Ratio deco isn't a classical decompression algorithm. It's a system designed to envelope the Buhlmann decompression requirement for a series of standardized gases and to then shape the profile in the most advantageous manner.

So when I say you won't find it directly, I mean you'll have to read about the Buhlmann model with gradient factors to understand the times Ratio Deco suggests, and read about deep stops and oxygen vacancy to understand the profiles.

Scary. That article was written at least in part by someone who doesn't understand the system. One glaring error is that it is designed for only one gas switch.

Yeah, I caught that too. I wouldn't use that wiki for a guide on ratio deco. Get it from the source.

The UTD website is a bit tricky to navigate, but the Ratio Deco class on there is good, and you get access to all the material for awhile (a year, I think).

I'm working my way through that material now, I'd recommend it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom