Rate these cameras?

What is the best camera without regards to cost?

• Canon a720 is

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nikon P5100

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Fuij F60

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sony DSC w-300

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Rate these cameras?
I am narrowing down my camera options.

requirments:
1. full manual controls
2. Wide angle and macro capability
3. P and S (not SLR)
4. Histogram - although I do not know how to use this, I hope to learn!!!
if the below cameras do not meet this criteria and you know it, please let me know.

I am also considering the G9, which I think is a better camera than those listed, although I am limited in what housings are still available that can provide full WA.

The canon A720is, recommended by a lot here, although is has the lowest megapixels, but I have been told that it is not a big deal in the whole scheme of things. As I will have most of my pics as 4x6 with the occasional 5x7, but I would like to be able to make a 8x10 if I find that dream shot. By the way, what is the "top" A series that still has full manual control?

Nikon p5100 - not in production anymore but another highly recommended camera from some users.

fuij f60, I had this recommended by a board member, but when I was at my local camera shop, I could not get full manual controls, I could adjust f stop, but neither I, nor the dealer could figure out shutter speed?

sony dsc w300 - good reviews from backscatter, although I am not a fan having both propriety memory and batteries.

Back
Top Bottom