RAT Jr. -- Wow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to use my Salvo Rat Jr. in a backup light exit from a cave this week. I was HUGELY impressed with the amount of light this tiny thing threw. It absolutely blew away either of my husband's backup lights (a Halcyon Scout and an OMS LED). It was so bright and so strong, the cave instructor himself was asking me about it when we got out of the water. And at about $100, it's not by any means the most expensive backup light out there. Two o-rings, too. Nice little light -- congratulations to Salvo yet again!

any idea if/where these can be bought online? None of the dealers are near me and I don't recognize any of them as places that have major online stores.

Curious as to what happened to your main light? Nice to hear Salvo builds a nice small back up light that works really well.

Where are you cave diving at?

LED has come a long way. I'm sure the HID lights days are numbered.

WB416 who is on here and on Zendiving is a dealer and can get them for you. Maybe he can get you a great price, too.

R.

Yes, this was a drill. My Salvo primary has only failed on me once, and that was a broken wire, and it was apparently on the surface :)

The lights out exit was interesting -- amazing how much compasses glow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom