Rashes built

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During my last dive at Tioman, in one of the dive, i encounter strong current. At the same time, i guess my wing expanded after 10m ascend from 30.5m deep dive.

I felt a strong pull to the back and up. I was stupid and trying to fight. So, i grabbed on some corals like object and broke some of it. I was like hugging the rock with some corals. Sorry for the destruction caused.

With some help of a diver, i managed to deflate my bc and goes down the the sea floor and managed myself.

Continue diving till thenend of dive and ascended to the boat and realized i have some cut on my left knee and rashes on my right knee...

About an hour or 2 later, thr rashes dispersed a little and it didn't bother me much. So, i went for another dive and returned the dive centre and packed up and head home. No treatment was performed on the spot.

I went home and look online to identify the corals which i have damaged. And it looks like it's a type of fire corals which isn't corals afterall and learnt that they arenmore related to anemone and jellies.

Everything seems fine for a few days. However, 2 days ago. I felt itch on my right knee where the rashes was. So, i scratched a little. And 2day, the rashes came back as the picture attached below.

Rashes appeared only on right knee and not thr knee with cut. While on the boat and even today.

b98b53454b14c50e3f0419bf865f0148.jpg

91b5f0a32011e31cde5f2d08fe899baa.jpg

Oh, fun.

If it is like mine, it heals and goes away. Then it comes back after a couple of weeks - sometimes twice. It is all the little bumps that normally occur.

Use a mix of a benedryl creme / anti-itch and a neosporin antibiotic gel, and cover it.

-- I am not medical peep. I am experienced in fire coral :wink:

Owh... thanks. So it's normal to reappear... just applied 50-60°C hot water.... feel better now.

Back
Top Bottom