Rash guard for overweight man?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MiloR

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Morning. I used the search function but did not come up with anything that was helpful. I am very new to all of this, have my 1st pool class next week, and I want to try and be as comfortable as possible mentally and physically.

I have a chest measurement of about 50" and a current waist measurement of 55". From past experience I know that a 30lb weight loss moves that waist # to about 50". I am having a heck of a time finding a rash guard that will work with these measurements.

Does anyone know of a vendor, or 2, that might have extended sizes?? I know I can not be the only one!!

These came out of our LDS....
3 fat men.jpg

Green hat (me) has a 58" chest and 42" waist, but my belly is larger than that. Ain't none of us skinny. Those rash guards are 3XL .

For a rash guard, you can just use a $10 technical T-shirt from Walmart. That's what I use for warm water (comfortable under BCD), and I wear one under my wetsuit when a wetsuit is needed.

Edit: To the OP, there's really nothing special that scuba-specific rash guards will offer that a technical tee won't do.

@Rob9876

Dang ! I was unaware !

I have been wearing Technical T shirts for years and didn't realize
I was among the Technical elite …(including my friend from afar @Wookie !!!)

Thanks for the heads up.. Now to share with my wife who questions why I insist synthetic T shirts

SAM

@Sam Miller III Glad to help! Seems that Technical Tees really gained popularity when Underarmor started becoming a household name (at crazy prices per shirt). Now there are plenty of cheap alternatives everywhere, including the $10 versions from Walmart that I use for scuba and exercise.

For a rash guard, you can just use a $10 technical T-shirt from Walmart. That's what I use for warm water (comfortable under BCD), and I wear one under my wetsuit when a wetsuit is needed.

Edit: To the OP, there's really nothing special that scuba-specific rash guards will offer that a technical tee won't do.

Do a purchase tight fitting or normal loose? Just thinking of overall comfort and gear rubbing protection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom