Ranger or Halycion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Currently own a Zeagle Ranger, but thinking about going to a Halycion Exclipse, Explorer or Pioneer to use doubles in the near future. I have had Double Alum 80's on My Ranger without a plate and worked out great. I am probably going to bind my HP100,s in the future. What suggestions are out there. LSD's here do not sell Halycion so I have to go internet.

Right now diving wrecks inVaBch and Nc in a semi-dry or wetsuits. No Dry suits. :crafty:

:crafty: I just saw the back plate set-up from Zeagle and it looked pretty cool. You use the wing off your Ranger. Just an Idea.

Dive Safe,
Butch

Just FYI - The Eclipse and Pioneer are wings designed for single tank use. If you're diving doubles, you'll want an Explorer... but I would advise against diving steel doubles in a wetsuit, anyway.

The Ranger wing isn't exactly cut out for doubles IMHO. I took both a Ranger wing and a DUI wing and tried to marry them to a set of LP80's. Let's just say I wasn't delighted with the results.

A nice purpouse built doubles wing such as the Oxycheq, Halcyon, or even OMS will work out better for you.

A friend dives the big Zeagle backplate/wing setup and he likes it. We did note that the wing mount is a bit on the non-standard side (clips to the edges of the plate vs. bolts on).

I had a lot of brand loyalty to Zeagle due to my Ranger experiences, but I found that I prefer to dive the Halcyon setup with doubles.

Let us know what you choose and how it works out for you :)

Well, if you're using HP doubles with a wetsuit, I personally would go for a double bladder wing.
If you would use a drysuit or some other kind of redundant lift, take a look at the OMS 'dir-style' wings, they are excellent value for money, sold on the net for under 200$.
steven

steevke:
Well, if you're using HP doubles with a wetsuit, I personally would go for a double bladder wing.
If you would use a drysuit or some other kind of redundant lift, take a look at the OMS 'dir-style' wings, they are excellent value for money, sold on the net for under 200$.
steven
Have you personally used/seen one of these wings?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom