Ranger BC Problem ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mc-gyver

Reaction score
Hi.

I dive the Ranger BC and I'm not satisfied with it. I guess I miss a hard back plate too get the bottles more steady. I dive with a 15 ltr bottle and a 6 ltr ponny. Any one with same experience ? Are there somthing I can do with the rigging soo the bottles are more steady ?

If I decide too buy a new BC, what BC should i choose ? I regulary dive in cold water, using a 7 mm neoprene suit.

I have a Zeagle Ranger, and one of the reasons I chose it was because it is capable of doing doubles. Then, I found this board and have read posts like yours and realize that a backplate and wings setup is the best for diving doubles. I still haven't tried my Ranger with more than one tank, but it sounds like you're not alone. Backplate and wings sounds like the only way to go.

Originally posted by sumguy
I still haven't tried my Ranger with more than one tank, but it sounds like you're not alone. Backplate and wings sounds like the only way to go.
Listen to sumguy...
While not able to speak with the voice of experience he is speaking with the voice of wisdom...

but hey... since your name is mc-gyver you should be able to solve the floppy ranger problem with duct tape and your swiss army knife!

btw... when are you going to get to try a bp/wing sumguy?

Back
Top Bottom