Raja Ampat vs PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are looking for PNG or Raja ampat land resorts to stay. Does anyone have any to suggestions?
how do the two areas compare?

I believe in Raja the only land based operation is the Sorido Resort....I'm headed there in 2 weeks.

I stayed at Tawali Resort. It was beautiful and the diving pristine, incredible

I believe in Raja the only land based operation is the Sorido Resort....I'm headed there in 2 weeks.

There are several land based resorts in RA. Some I'm aware of are: (Grey writing = links)

Misool Eco Resort Dive Resort Indonesia | Scuba Diving Raja Ampat | Misool Eco Resort

Papua Paradise Diving and Birdwatching in Indonesian Papua Raja Ampat (I dove their house reef and the surrounding area several times from a liveaboard and it was amazing!)

Kri Eco Resort Kri-Eco | Papua Diving

Raja Ampat Dive Lodge RAJA AMPAT DIVE LODGE - Eco Lodge Diving in Raja Ampat - Dive Eco Lodge West Papua - Raja Ampat Eco Lodges Indonesia - Grand Komodo Dive Lodge
Here is a Scubaboard report http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/366259-trip-report-raja-ampat-dive-resort.html

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
Uh, this thread is over 4 years old.

Yes, you are right and I didn't notice but it came up in a search and as it is now quite visible on the list and recently updated, others will probably have the same question and might find the info useful. I've had one trip to each to PNG, RA and the Solomons and I prefer PNG. I was in Tufi which was 5 day, land based while the others were 10 day liveaboards. I saw a wider range of life, had remarkable crystal clear visibility, and a lot of the dives were down the walls of Bommies which meant an amazing, prolonged safety stop at the top of the bommies which were teeming with fish, from Napoleon Wrasses and Titan Triggers down to the smallest and covered with amazing corals and creatures. Tufi also has amazing muck diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom