Raja Ampat Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaduoAdventures

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just thought we would share with you all a report from the owner/builder of the Tambora liveaboard in Indonesia. We have the boat chartered for our group trip in 2011 and still have spaces for those interested in joining us. Just click on our website down below and go to our travel page, 2011 trips. its going to be awesome!!!

i Kevin & Stacey,

Warm greetings from Indonesian West Papua!

Still a long time to go until your “Hidden Bays & Painted Rocks” cruise with us, however we are in the midst of this year’s Raja Empat – Triton Bay season, and I though I share with you some appetizers from our cruises so far …

… Triton Bay, underwater: forests of white sea fans, black coral, soft coral gardens, wobbegongs dazing away under rocks, all ghost pipefishes listed in the books, forests of garden eels, denise seahorses, napoleons, giant groupers …

… Triton Bay, above the waterline: the most amazing labyrinth of a lagoon you have ever seen … and no human settlement near or far … a truly out-of-this world experience …

… the mainland Papuan coast, underwater: seamounts in 3-10 meters of water alive with thousands of schooling fish … 1,000 blue fusiliers among 300 rabbitfish hovering over 500 yellow surgeonfish … with the general piece and quietness every now and then being stirred up by a few large trevally or mackerels chasing for dinner …

… the mainland Papuan coast, above the waterline: bats rising out of mushroom-shaped rocks at dusk, just when you’re heading back to the vessel after a swim under a huge waterfall …

… Misool, both above and below: the most amazing wide angle shots one can imagine, picture-perfect reefs under water and picture-perfect karst islands covered in lush tropical rainforest, and of course the hidden lagoon at Farondi …

… Misool, under water: mantas without end (if we’re lucky – we were on one of the cruises, and had 2 x 1hr+ with the mantas uninterrupted, all around us, there was no escape!!!), schooling barracuda, schooling mobulas …

… Dampier Strait, under water: dives that were so rich in fish that well traveled guests who had been to Micronesia, Tahiti, the Great Barrier Reef, the Red Sea, came out of the water and unanimously agreed: “Best dive in my life” …

… just meant to give you an idea of what’s waiting there for you …J

Kind regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom