Raja Ampat? On the Coralia? Yes! Join Us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimster812

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone!
We're headed to Raja Ampat (and Lembeh) next month have a few spots have just opened up on the luxurious Coralia liveaboard. If anyone is interested in joining us (Aug 21-28, 2024) on the Coralia and/or in Lembeh (Aug 13-20, 2024) let me know! The rest of the details are here: Designed for Scuba - Raja Ampat and Designed for Scuba - Lembeh

The boat and crew are as spectacular as the diving! August has some of the best vis in Raja Ampat too! We'd love to have some new dive buddies join the fun! Reach out if you have any questions.

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 10.50.11 PM.png

Hi Everyone!
We're headed to Raja Ampat (and Lembeh) next month have a few spots have just opened up on the luxurious Coralia liveaboard. If anyone is interested in joining us (Aug 21-28, 2024) on the Coralia and/or in Lembeh (Aug 13-20, 2024) let me know! The rest of the details are here: Designed for Scuba - Raja Ampat and Designed for Scuba - Lembeh

The boat and crew are as spectacular as the diving! August has some of the best vis in Raja Ampat too! We'd love to have some new dive buddies join the fun! Reach out if you have any questions.

View attachment 850365
I have a somewhat random question that a 'local' might find easy to answer. We are booked to fly Sorong back to Bali via Makassar, and due to a short layover in Sorong cannot book hold luggage at all. And now we have booked, our only permitted on board luggage is a 7kg 50cm x 30cm x 17cm bag. Pretty tight for our 10 day holiday, even in a hot climate!! My question is, how strict is Lion air with their hand luggage? Ditto Super AirJet, who provide Makassar to Denpasar? Thank you!

Hi Everyone!

View attachment 850365

Wow just saw this. I'm interested but cannot commit atm due to work with a new client I need until end of July before I can commit and I know that's late.

Also I would fly from Taiwan. Garuda do a code share with Taiwan's China Airlines. Rip off though. I can book China Airlines business class A250 using my China Airlines co branded credit card, so miles on card and on my China Airlines account, then book Garuda from Jakarta Sorong return eco cheaper than booking Garuda eco from Taiwan return lol.

BTW Garuda full on 29th for economy... has economy seats Sorong to Jakarta 30th. Business class OK 737 800 nice 29 year old plane but good enough

I have a somewhat random question that a 'local' might find easy to answer. We are booked to fly Sorong back to Bali via Makassar, and due to a short layover in Sorong cannot book hold luggage at all. And now we have booked, our only permitted on board luggage is a 7kg 50cm x 30cm x 17cm bag. Pretty tight for our 10 day holiday, even in a hot climate!! My question is, how strict is Lion air with their hand luggage? Ditto Super AirJet, who provide Makassar to Denpasar? Thank you!
7kg is adequate to travel in SE Asia including computer, fins, mask and thin wet suit for me. I have done it few times. No trolley bag.
Wear all your heavy clothing during check in but never ever hide anything from the check in staff. Be polite, two small bags is better than one heavy one. AIR ASIA is notorious straight on hand carry but you are flying with Lion Air.
I do not understand the meaning of "short lay over in Sorong"? Where are you coming from?

Back
Top Bottom