Raja Ampat--liveaboard and land--Which boat?resort? time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of your input. As of now, we are booked for 11 nights on the Dewi Nusantara starting on Dec. 28, 2015 and then will spend a week at the Misool Eco Resort. Do you think this is too many days in the Raja Ampat area, or is there enough variety to warrant this long trip there? There were no 7-day liveaboard trips that jived with the dates at Misool so we opted for the 11-day trip. Any thoughts?

That sounds amazing I dont think you can spend "too long" in RA ever! The 11 day trip will do both north and south RA, so when you get to Misool you will dive many of the same spots you did on the LOB. But Misool area is amazingly beautiful so its absolutely worth diving again.
Did you check out Raja4Divers?? They are up in the northern area and some of the LOB's do not go up that far so if you stayed here you may be diving a different sort of area. Just a thought. Personally I preferred the North, but that is like trying to compare a Ferrari and Lambo!! Both N & S are amazing.
The other thing I would echo from some of the people above is that on your way through you should really do yourself a favour and spend a few days in Lembeh.

Thanks for all of your input. As of now, we are booked for 11 nights on the Dewi Nusantara starting on Dec. 28, 2015 and then will spend a week at the Misool Eco Resort. Do you think this is too many days in the Raja Ampat area, or is there enough variety to warrant this long trip there? There were no 7-day liveaboard trips that jived with the dates at Misool so we opted for the 11-day trip. Any thoughts?

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Though I generally like liveaboards better for the ease of diving, resorts have advantages in terms of concentrating in the same area, particularly good if you're a photographer.

I did want to pipe in and say that I highly recommend Ambon. Truly amazing muck diving, mostly with better vis and blue water. I thought the diving was better than Lembeh even at its best, though my wife disagrees.

Sounds fantastic!! You will LOVE the Dewi!!!! Don't forget to look for Bram at Misool Eco Resort!! Have a great time!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom