Raja Ampat December 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wifi was very poor.
Thanks for the added details. I'm glad to hear there was wifi at all. When on vacation, I like to get my e-mails and clear out the backlog daily, lest I end the trip with hundreds to dig through. It's also nice when family can text or e-mail to let me know if something important happens, or I can let my wife know I'm still okay.

I, too, am curious as to the price difference between the 2 portions of your stay. I imagine if prices were the same nearly everyone would choose the liveaboard route. From the U.S., either way the round trip international and domestic airfare and likely hotel stays run the bill up independently of what you pay the accommodation and dive services provider.

It'd be good to know how much money one saves going the homestay route.

Richard.

To be clear: Tabari has no free WIFI . You need to buy a local SIM-card (Telkomsel has the best coverage in RA) at Jakarta airport. That's the only way you can have a (poor) signal at the island.
Budget: Pearl of Papua: around 2850 USD with 21 dives. Tabari around 1600 USD (including accomodation and food) with 15 dives.

Back
Top Bottom