Rainy Season Late June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goblue_DC

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi:

I know that this topic has been covered to some degree in the past, so please forgive me for the redundancy...but...

I am looking at planning a dive trip late June and have narrowed down the focus to the Philippines and Indonesia. As I've started to read up on the Philippines, every guidebook warns of the rainy season during that time.

I don't mind an occasional shower during the day, but would like avoid things like, oh, typhoons.

Does anyone have any advice? Also, since there are so many islands, are there any places that are typically better or worse during that time with respect to rain?

Thanks!

if you go to the visayas or mindanao, the weather should be okay that time of year. as far as typhoons are concerned, nobody can predict when one develops but when they do, the big ones hit the visayas toward october or november. hope this helps.

dennis

I agree with Dennis, I may add that June is still the beginning of the rainy season with not much chances for typhoons and considering the summer started a bit late this year I would expect the rainy season get also late this year... Visayas would be the best choice for me anyway...

if you go to the visayas or mindanao, the weather should be okay that time of year. as far as typhoons are concerned, nobody can predict when one develops but when they do, the big ones hit the visayas toward october or november. hope this helps.

dennis

October? Noooooooo....I was planning on going to Bohol in late October.

Well I have to admit weather seems to be getting more and more unpredictable in recent years. The Philippines just sent us a nice Typhoon Neoguri (think downgraded to Tropical Storm before it hit) last weekend that flooded HK and caused havoc with flights. And it's just late April... I believe that is the earliest typhoon for the Hong Kong/ China area on record...

So you never now, but I think you'll be OK for June.

Thanks everyone for your help!

For the record, the only time I've ever had rain on a trip to the Philippines has been.. erm.. in the "dry" season...

Z...

Sounds like another reason to go further south to the Visayas, rather than PG.... Gotta make final decision by the 1st so I can get my request in time to go in June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom