Rainy Day Maui Diving is AWESOME!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Look what we would have missed if we had cancelled diving today like everyone else! It turned out to be an excellent activity for Kevin and his son Jeff on this rainy Friday here on Maui. Vacation days are limited and they had a dive planned way in advance but we got that "once a year rain" last night and it wasn't looking too "SCUBA friendly" this morning. No one, including myself, wanted to get out of bed. It just looked crummy and cold outside.

I finally went out and had a look at the sites around 10:00 and suddenly the weather broke. I figured it was worth a shot to see if the guys would change their minds and hit the water with me anyway (I really am addicted to diving!). I gave them a call. It turned out they had a "major case of cabin fever" from being holed up in the hotel so we went for it. Boy were we glad we did! It was really nice! And the water was actually warmer than the air...not a bad way to spend a stormy December day! (LOL!)

It doesn't rain underwater!!!

Here's some footage we got. I hope you have a few minutes to enjoy it. Maybe it was raining where you were today and you need this little escape to the undersea world where the rain gets magically turned off...

RAINY DAY DIVING MAUI

Seasons Aloha Everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom