Rainbow River Drift Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to do a drift dive on Rainbow River this Sunday Feb 13th. I'm looking for no more than 5 other divers. We will leave from KP County Park at approximately 10 AM and go up river about 1 1/2 miles. The drift will take about 1 hour 20 minutes. The river is crystal clear and ranges from about 3' to 25' deep. There are lots of springs along this part of the river, some caverns, many sand boils, lots of fish, turtles, and small to large fish.
We will dive in two groups from my boat. The first group of no more than 3 will drift back to the starting point and then the second group including me will drift the river again. So I'm looking for one responsible person to drive the boat the second shift.
This dive is easy! All levels can do it. Water Temp is 72 degrees. You must have all of your equipment, tanks, weights, etc. nothing is provided other than a ride up river.
If you are interested please PM me. Cost is $3.00 per person paid to the county at the park. Forecast for Sunday is mid 70's. Rainbow River is located off I-75 near Dunnellon, FL. From Orlando, 2 1/2 hours.

Divers going with me. There is room for 3 more divers.

For those of you who haven't done it, this is a great dive! Nice and easy, with lots of things to look at.

Wish I could join you guys,
Grier

metaldector:
2 Divers going with me. There is room for 3 more divers.

COUNT IN THE JEAN !!!!!!!!
Maybe I can find my mask I dropped in the river about 3 weeks ago...
(Don't ask....) :11:

Er , I can only do the diving part , not the DRIVING part...
Is that bad ???

Jean

I am visiting family in Gainesville this weekend so that would be perfect except for one thing. The family party is for my wife's birthday, so with this being her weekend, I can't do sidetrips. That sucks!!

PLEASE let me know any time you are going in the future. I love Rainbow River drifts! I am thinking of getting a 2 person kayak or a canoe just for this.

HEY! my father has a canoe, he lives in Gainesville, and I have a vehicle that will carry it now. YES!!

For one or two more divers to join us tomorrow. It's supposed to be nice mid 70's and sunny. Anyone else interested?

The weather was just gorgeous out at KP Hole on Sunday...Thanks for bring the boat out...
Saw a nice big tuddy (turtle) about maybe 10 minutes short of KP Hole boat ramp...
Will have to try to POKE around dat boulder next time I go in that cavern...Might be a squeeze but ...

Thanks again Jeff for being a wonderful buddy and Rodger for bringing the boat out!!!
You guys are GREAT !!!!

Thanks again.....

Jean

P.S. We timed it right too...By the time we got back to the boat ramp , a whole herd of people (tourists...) had showed up to do a HUGE snorkeling/diving thing.

Thanks again Rodger, I hope that you are feeling better.

Next time though, we'll all have to exchange fone #'s so that anyone can cancel!

Thanks for the dive Jean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom