Rainbow Angelfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvdiving

Contributor
Reaction score
An hour South of Mosul, Iraq or Ft Wayne, Indiana
Also known as a NiHackea (SP)?

This one was shot on Johnston Atoll at about 100 ft. They are supposed to be endemic to the Atoll. I have been trying to get a good shot of these guys for years. Very shy fish combined with infrequent dives to their habitat (usually over 80 - 100 ft) made for some frustrating dives. The Atoll is being closed and I no longer work there. I'm out of chances.:boom:

Very pretty! Why is the atoll being closed? Diver damage?

Johnston Island existed for the last few years to support the Army's toxic chemical agent demilitarization program.

The agent on JI is now gone and all the buildings are to be demolished. The island is a National Wildlife Refuge under the control of the US Fish & Wildlife Service. In the future, the only access may be by boat.:boom:

My guess is C. nahackyi! Too much yelow on the body for C. multicolor in my opinion. Johnston Atoll is THE primary range for C. nahackyi also, so you definitely were in the right place. A much rarer fish too!!

But who cares, its a great picture of a cool fish!!!

Overboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom