Raider I lighthead condensation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryanmc57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using my raider I backup light here in Cozumel this week and it looks like a small amount of condensation has formed in the lighthead behind the lens. I this normal or is it going to become a problem. There's no way into the head to dry it that I can see.

Any ideas?

I just purchased two from Scubatoys. One of them is fine, the other looks like it has the condensation issue too.

I've used one of these for twenty dives without a problem.

Then, I ordered a second as a back-up (from ST) and the inside of the lens was fogged when it arrived. Also, the o-ring around the lens was wavy. I returned it for a replacement.

I received the new one yesterday and there's no sign of fogging, but I'm concerned because this o-ring is also wavy. (The o-ring on my first Raider I looked normal and the light worked great.)

I'm getting ready to leave on a liveaboard Saturday and I'm concerned that the back-up is gonna be a problem.

Ron

I've used one of these for twenty dives without a problem.

Then, I ordered a second as a back-up (from ST) and the inside of the lens was fogged when it arrived. Also, the o-ring around the lens was wavy. I returned it for a replacement.

I received the new one yesterday and there's no sign of fogging, but I'm concerned because this o-ring is also wavy. (The o-ring on my first Raider I looked normal and the light worked great.)

I'm getting ready to leave on a liveaboard Saturday and I'm concerned that the back-up is gonna be a problem.

Ron

Ron test is before you go. My Raider III leaked in 9 feet of water after a few minutes

Vertigoh,

I don't have 9' of water to test it in. (It did stay dry in my sink overnight, though, for whatever that's worth.)

The next day, I emailed Joe at ScubaToys.com and they immediately offered to ship me (at their expense) a back-up for my back-up. When I get back from my trip, I'll return one to ST.

That's why I like to deal with great customer service companies like ScubaToys.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom