Radiation found in BC waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You just need the PADI Radioactive water specialty course, and then you'll be fine. I hear it's a 30 minute video plus 1 hour of instruction. No dives. Plus you get a really cool glow in the dark cert card. It also counts towards master diver.

The iodine 131 has a half life of 8 days. That means 5 half lives is 40 days. You lose about 95% of the radiation in 40 days. Also, radioisotopes can be detected at levels far below what poses a hazard.

To give you an idea, I bet if you have granite countertops, you are exposed to more radiotion than if you went out and drank the sea water.

Another thing, we have numerous and significant exposures to radiation like diagnostic X Rays and background radiation.

You just need the PADI Radioactive water specialty course, and then you'll be fine. I hear it's a 30 minute video plus 1 hour of instruction. No dives. Plus you get a really cool glow in the dark cert card. It also counts towards master diver.

Really?

Cool.. but I can't find it on PADI's website.

You forgot to mention the $250 fee for the course.

You know you have a problem when you find this.

Attachments

• Blinky-Simpsons.png
    Blinky-Simpsons.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom