R.I.P. Vince Welnick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboyneal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
...may the four winds blow you safely home...

CN

That's sad. I'm not a big enough fan to recognize his name but I still love the band.

Very sad... great memories.

Check out the 'sticky' on vincewelnick.com

Side note...I just saw a 'Dead' show last night......Dark Star Orchestra is pure genius! I could have been on the floor at the Boston Garden 25yrs ago....they captured it all, the sound, the energy, the crowd was wild....oh it was a blast!:14:

Funny. One of my best friends was there. Not too hard to imitate the Dead (you have to have perfect imperfection down to a science) but the note for note thing of DS Orch is eerie. Vince was one of the original members of the Tubes, and later played with Todd Rundgren before joinging the Dead after Brent Mydland left us a little early as well. Looks like he (Vince) hit the 'eject' button...sad...anyway...I saw the sticky, and I don't personally believe it was Bob Weir's or Phil Lesh's fault that Vince killed himself...come on...maybe they could have handled the "Vince situation" better in the end, but business is business, as they say...

"Wind and rain, now tell me why, summers fade and roses die. The answer came, the wind and rain. Golden hills now filled in grey, summer's leaves are blown away -- and what remains, the wind and rain...'' -- Weather Report Suite

Hmmmmm the Dead? Would that be as in the Greatful Dead?

cowboyneal:
...may the four winds blow you safely home...

CN
Very sad indeed. He was a very nice man... quite pleasant in person.

This is sad. I haven't been to a show since before Jerry Garcia died, but I still sort of followed them. They have always had bad luck in that keyboard position going all the way back to Pigpen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom