R.I.P. - DUI Delta BCS - when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When did DUI stop production on these? Searching the web or your site, I find nothing. Is there any specific reason DUI has eliminated BC products from their line? I put about 4 dives on mine 8 years ago (loved it), and will be taking it out of mothballs this season. I am curious as to what happened. Not much out there on them.

It is on their site, I simply used the "search" function. It is also in their PDF catalog. It is strange that it doesn't seem to appear in the menu structure. DUI - Delta

I have a couple friends who love their Deltas. The only modification they made was adding grommets to the outer shell of the wing, there was air being trapped between the bladder and the outer shell.

Yeah, the search turns up information, but I took it as "archival" since it doesn't appear on the menu...... hoping someone from DUI can chime in here.

Hi Kathy-

They may be out of production, but I still want one, so I am going to buy a used one. One question: when did the design switch from the yellow handles to the grey handles? Trying to figure out how old different models are before going shopping.

Thanks!

TJM

Hi TJM,

I checked at the office. The changed in color handles was about 7 years ago. Hope this helps.

Kathy

I have the same, I think . . . The manual just lists "Back mounted buoyancy compensator" and "Jacket buoyancy compensator" - no whiz bang model names . . . bought it in 2000 IIRC

And I still love the thing . . . . and also am sad that DUI dropped the BC line . . .

- Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom