R&D Scuba Closes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's getting tougher all the time.......

R&D Scuba, both shops, Westheimer and Katy have closed down. I'm sure we'll see Roxie & Dave involved elsewhere in our dive community. They had a professional & cordial operation....they will be missed.

Regards,

We've lost 2 other shops....Discover Scuba and KenLee's are both in the process of shutting their doors. I also heard that Sea Sports Scuba was closing one of it's remaining 4 stores.

We went to R&D's Katy store about a month ago and got the word from Roxy. I'm sure we'll still see them around.

Sea Sports web site says that although they are closing the Spring Store, they are opening one in Katy. Probably a better market.

Maybe Sea Sports will occupy the shop in Katy that R&D is vacating. They still had a brand new compressor and cascade with four fillers about 9 days ago. Who knows??....

Makes me appreciate the compressor and equipment room our dive club has.

Regards,

Yeh, I was kinda surprised the Katy store closed. I had been in and out of there for the last few weeks before I went right before New Years for tanks fills. There was a sign on the door that read, "Closed for Inventory." ...(lol) When I looked inside, the racks and display cases were bare. I thought that was kinda odd since they spent the last 30 days moving the Westheimer store in there. Then, I heard they did close the Katy store. That's too bad.

The compressor was a puzzler too. They had JUST gotten everything installed and running!

Richard

From what I understand, both R & D and Discover are closing, as well as Kenlee's, all due to health related problems of owner or their families. So lets keep them in our prayers.

wow, i didn't know that about R&D. i had just rented computers from them in november. ya know, seasports closed their sugar land store like over a year ago and i thought they were going to have a new , bigger, better sugar land store, and nothing has happened. anyone know anything about that? and hey, cudabait,.....hi there! hubby and i finally went to mexico in november (after Wilma) had overcast skies and a little rough water while we were there. wasn't spectacular, but the best thing we did was dive a cenote, the Dos Ojos cenote, with Hidden Worlds. it was awesome!!! loved it and want to go back and do more of that sometime. i'm hoping to get out to flower gardens this summer. july or august is most reliable weather and best chance of going out? right??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom