Quitting Dip/Cigars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRedDiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all!

I am a 23 year old college student who has discovered diving in the last year. I want to continue with diving for many years to come. That said I have a nasty habit, I have been using chew (or dip) since I was 15 plus I enjoy the occasional cigar. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to kick the habit?! I have gone cold turkey a few times and it doesn't work for me. Been looking at E cigarettes and the like. Any opinions would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quit smoking more then 30 years ago by switching to dip... and then cut out snuff cold turkey. Best I can offer is try Smoky Mountain dip... it is tobacco-less and may be a crutch for you to lean on for a bit.

Oh, the cigars. Sorry mate, but I still enjoy one with my buddies from time to time.

Wish you all the best!

Haha thanks for the advice! I'll look that up because the last few times I've gone cold turkey I was a PITA to be around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot people swear by vaping to wean themselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom