Quick trip report, Coz 10/27-11/3, well, fairly quick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I stayed at Sunscape Sabor as she likes a decent beach area which most places just don't have. It was our Anniversary and we got a great deal on the room and the guy at the front desk said he upgraded us even more. We basically had a fairly large living room/kitchen/bathroom area then a bedroom that could be closed off by a sliding door if needed. Our outside deck encompassed 2 sides of the room, had an incredible ocean view and also had a hot tub. Overall it was...MEH... The maid service/restocking the fridge and coffee wasn't consistent. However, with a phone call, all was corrected fairly promptly. The food was average which we expected. My wife really enjoyed being able to have a custom made omelet each morning. We did enjoy being able to try some things we normally wouldn't simply because it was all-inclusive (the poblano corn cream soup which was awesome). We did enjoy the beach, the beach chairs, the pools, the hammocks and the unlimited food/drinks. However, there is no "chair side delivery service" if that is something you enjoy. Being that far out, we would definitely rent a car next time. We only made it to town one day and had an INCREDIBLE meal at Casa Cozumil. I truly believe if we would have rented a car we would have been in town to see more of the Day of the Dead festivities and been able to enjoy much more good food. There were many more restaurants on my list we just didn't get to enjoy. Live and learn, right? We did have a lady on the dive boat recommend the bakery by pizza hut in town and it was a good stop! Lots of really nice baked goods if that's something you enjoy. All of this being said, we would stay again, just rent a car and have more ability to travel as we want. My wife said to bring your own salt as the food is bland and their salt shakers are just too affected by the humidity to work well.

We took the fairy across one day to Playa Del Carmen. Not much to say other than that I've don't it now and don't feel the need to go back. It wasn't bad, just nothing too outstanding.

DIVING: We dove with Judy Kay's operation named We-b-Divin'. Nasser was our dive guide, Otto was our deck hand and Moises was our Captain. We did 3 days of 2 tank dives and i did a night dive on Paradise reef. We saw the usual suspects along with some "Slippery lobsters". We did see a few turtles that hung around for some photo ops, a couple of Splendid Toadfish, a few sharks and quite a few large crabs which I hadn't seen before. The crew rinsed and kept our gear each day which made the diving more enjoyable. They also set up our gear each morning and for our second dive. They were very safety conscious, kept track of the divers, paid attention to the divers air supplies and surfaced appropriately. We had zero to mild currents which made the diving absolutely WONDERFUL! Nasser was incredible about finding tons of interesting things to see. The lunches consisted of something like a tuna salad, ham salad etc, some guacamole, bread and tortilla chips, fruit and some type of dessert. We would definitely dive with them again.

Overall great trip! Nice weather for this time of year. We met some great folks too. Will put together some pics and post in another thread later. Thanks for looking!

Good to hear about Sunscape Sabor; if I ever take my wife & kiddo, it's one I'd consider. Did you notice or hear if they had a good kid's club?

Richard.

There is a kids club but not sure what it entails. There is a special area for the kids, an enclosed play area and a trampoline where the kids can get geared up with bungee cords and jump (although we didn't see it being used). The main pool is very kid friendly as well.

Nice report, thanks for posting.

I've been on the We-B-Divin' boat before.... it's a super nice boat, good crew and they put out a FULL-ON lunch for the SI. Being used to cookies & water type of snacks, I filled my plate... and almost felt sick on the second dive from all that food. Burp... Lesson learned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom