Quick Release weight pouches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RebreatherDave

Registered
Reaction score
Gang,

I have some rather lame weight pouches that I keep around 5 pounds in each, both of which I had to hot knife cut vertical slots in to attach them to my cumbersome cumberbund waist strap. The have velco upper and lower panels, and frankly they are really bogus. If I had to ditch weights quick, with all the other flotsam and jetsam, at last count 468 straps, buckles, clips, lines, hoses and d-rings, lanyard, jon-lines and....well, you get the picture.

Does anyone make really nice weight pouches that are more horizontally oriented that maybe have orange or red knob style plastic quick release handles to dump the weights, and the pouches are a little bit stiffer style nylon then the flimsy ones I have?

Deep Outdoors had something I thought maybe might work nice.

Seems like the larger ones you posted a link to require that you squeeze the fastex buckles to release the weight...if I read that right, it wouldn't be quick, and i could fiddle forever finding that stuff.....

I have a Zeagle BC I used for 20 years (still works and is in great shape too!) that has orange plastic knobs you can't miss that must be pulled and the weight pouch is released. I always liked that idea as the knobs are shaped like nothing else around my waist.

Those pouches yu posted a link to look a little more like it, but I am not sure if they are available as separate pouches that can be mounted to an existing nylon waist belt though.....

These Dive Rites look like the ticket, if they only had handles that pulled sideways instead of down, which is not a natural movement

RebreatherDave:
Those pouches look a little more like it, but I am not sure if they are available as separate pouches that can be mounted to an existing nylon waist belt though.....

no i dont think you can mount them elsewhere. Its a great setup and if you do a search on it here at SB you will see a lot of people love it. The nice think about the unit, is you can add and remove weight very easily. And you can dump one side at a time also....

Dave, the DiveRite weight pouches could be used either horizontal or vertical last time I saw them. The (original) DUI Weight & Trim can be used with a belt, I just checked mine. The harness is just running through slots, they're held in place by a slider. Either should work fine for a waist belt. The W&T2, by the way, is different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom