Quick release broken.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The docking portion of the quick release buckle on my Oceanic Chute 3 has cracked on one side. Has anyone else experienced this and more importantly fixed this? I tried crazy glue but it didn't work. Thanks in advance, Andrew.

Contact your oceanic dealer. I've seen these types of things happen. For some reason the plastic used in these buckles does not respond to adhesives that I've tried. There used to be a home kit that could be used to "weld" plastic. I have not seen one in a long time. Best bet is to have the buckle replaced. Oceanic is good about stuff like this. Do not try to fix it yourself. If it fails at the wrong time you could be in a bit of trouble. BTW this is not just with buckles used by Oceanic. I've had the crack, break, split, etc on all kinds of stuff. Same result. Gluing does not work.

Just did a quick search. Kits are out there but with mixed reviews for something you'd use maybe once or twice. Unless you want to spend 160 bucks for a repair oceanic could do for way less.

Back
Top Bottom