Quick Question regarding PADI ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW you know of Someone who got in trouble with the padi police??? In Kihei let me see what does that have to do with the QUESTION Asked??
You GUESS it's ALRIGHT to Dive with Them??PERSONALLY???YOU WOULD...BUT NOT FOR A CLASS...
Why are you trying to sling MUD at Some unnamed Scuba Shop in Kihei???
We as Dive Professionals are supposed to support each other not just SLING MUD..
This Type of POSTING ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK BAD..
Be Supportive not Destructive of Scuba Diving..
ALOHA MARK.

WOW you know of Someone who got in trouble with the padi police??? In Kihei let me see what does that have to do with the QUESTION Asked??
You GUESS it's ALRIGHT to Dive with Them??PERSONALLY???YOU WOULD...BUT NOT FOR A CLASS...
Why are you trying to sling MUD at Some unnamed Scuba Shop in Kihei???
We as Dive Professionals are supposed to support each other not just SLING MUD..
This Type of POSTING ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK BAD..
Be Supportive not Destructive of Scuba Diving..
ALOHA MARK.
I've not commented on this particular shop's issues with PADI in the past (that I can recall), and am only noting that based on the fact that they had issues with PADI *and* the experiences of their students I've spoken to, they aren't providing anything close to quality instruction. However, there are a great deal of people I've heard touting their services on Scubaboard, mostly for charter-boat services, rarely instruction.

You're also assuming that I'm referring to a shop in Hawaii -- and specifically Kihei. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I'm very supportive of shops that do things right -- when an instructor cuts corners, WE ALL LOOK BAD. It's even worse when it's an entire shop.

This isn't mud-slinging. It's stating an additional point with some basis to prove it -- a shop that has several instructors and touts PADI heavily, but isn't an IRRA member may have something non-kosher happening. If there's truly some concern... call up the shop and ask why they're not listed on PADI's site.

Ease up, boys. The question was about the non-listing on PADI's site. Most lapses are to do with not getting that site listing fee paid to PADI. That is a paid advertising spot, not an endorsement for excellence.

In any case, just ask for cert cards. They should be able to give you that even by number over the phone. Use the number given above and confirm. Simple. Don't all jump to conclusions about possibly having lost their listing from poor deeds. Check into it. If it is due to poor practice, you can find out. Don't speculate.

Use your common sense: if you walk into the shop and you don't get a good feeling about the whole operation.... WALK OUT and into another shop!
If you are taking a course, check the instructor's credentials (as others have mentioned).
And remember: the only short cut you can take while diving is the one to the recompression chamber.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom