Quick Question, (hopefully a quick answer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wristshot:
Pete,Gloves are allowed only on dives at the wreck for going up or down the marker bouy line. The law might not allow it, but the dive guides have allowed them, and in fact they had gloves in their BC pocket for the rope when diving the wreck. Gloves just stay stowed away the rest of the time. Lots of "hazards" on old lines.Wristshot
Well last time I was there nobody had told me about the ban on gloves, and my dive guides certainly didn't bring it up. I did hear about the sun screen ban, but again I didn't see any sun screen cops checking out what we were putting on.

On my first trip to Coz my bouyancy skills weren't the best (hopefully they're better now:) and on my initial decent I touched something (maybe fire coral?) that welted the palm of my hand up pretty good. After that I always wore gloves. I guess I was what Scuba Duffer termed "a Reef Crasher". Not intentionally though - other than patting a turtle on the back I certainly didn't go out of my way to touch the reef or any other critters.

What I did see was the Dive Guide sticking his brass carabiner into holes and scaring out the inhabitants so we could all look at them as we drifted by.

re: a dive knife - I did bring one through the Cancun airport, but never dove with it - primarily because I was afraid it would fall off during a dive and I'd lose it. On the next trip I'll take your advice and bring some EMT shears.

Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom