Quick question about purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay wow I had that all mixed up. Thanks :)

Wow thats really helpful. I recently sold my motorcycle to buy some dive equipment, and will probably change my mind 500 times before I purchase anything, but this might eliminate some of that. Thanks.

Dakker,

Are you certified yet? If not, I would suggest geting your training done and testing out a few different things before making your first purchase.

Just my 2 cents...

Scott

Dakker:
Wow thats really helpful. I recently sold my motorcycle to buy some dive equipment, and will probably change my mind 500 times before I purchase anything, but this might eliminate some of that. Thanks.
Keep asking questions and change your mind as often as you like before you spend a lot of money; it's better to wait and get what you really want than to get your stuff all at once and regret buying half of it. While you're waiting, you can learn a lot about all of that stuff that other people are blowing their money on, by asking questions and shopping around.

I saw your other thread about a recent diving experience. Oy! All I can say is that I am lucky to be around laughing at some of the things my brother and I did when we were younger, but it would make me sick to think that either of my kids was doing some of the boneheaded stuff that we did. Be careful. If you can find a place to spend some time hanging around with some more experienced divers, you might save yourself a lot of aggravation and hazardous duty.

Dakker:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/MRSV32PI.html

I just noticed that that says that it comes with a 2nd stage, does that mean I do not need to purchase an octo? I am really new at buying equipment and really don't understand this all.

If you are not aware of what a second stage is, you really need to take classes to get certified as there are a few more considerations in a regulator purchase, and a LOT of options when it comes to manufactures and models.

In class they will teach you about the equipment, and you will base the equipment selection on the type of diving you see in your future.

In class you will also get to try out potentially a few different brands and models of BCD's, regs, wetsuits, fins, masks and so on. Realistically you are not suppose to purchase equipment without a valid certification, however that is a policy that is never enforced. However it's better to purchase once rather than to just fly by the seat of your pants, and then realize you really wanted something else later.

Certification classes provide the equipment with the exception of personal gea depending upon the LDS. You are not going to save any $$ by showing up with your own stuff, so be patient, and maked informed purchases.

Also you can buy the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, in CD or book form. There's a bit of information there, such as balanced -vs- unbalanced first stage regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom