Quick opinion on Indonesian Liveaboard selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good points. thanks Dan...appreciated. it's going to be a week messing around in muck then the 16 night on the ilike through raja/triton/ambon. A 3 day gap to get over to Maumere for the 16 day mermaid 1 biodiversity and then perhaps a couple of days somewhere on the way back if i haven't received the 'Dear john' telegram from my wife yet...

good points. thanks Dan...appreciated. it's going to be a week messing around in muck then the 16 night on the ilike through raja/triton/ambon. A 3 day gap to get over to Maumere for the 16 day mermaid 1 biodiversity and then perhaps a couple of days somewhere on the way back if i haven't received the 'Dear john' telegram rom my wife yet...

Don't forget to get a 60 day visa from the Indonesian embassy before going. It's a lot easier than having to deal with extending a 30 day there. I got a 60 day for this last trip. It was super easy, but I also live near a city with an embassy. You have one in Toronto as well. :)

I would like to smuggle myself into your 2nd checked bag....take me with you! It sounds amazing!

good points. thanks Dan...appreciated. it's going to be a week messing around in muck then the 16 night on the ilike through raja/triton/ambon. A 3 day gap to get over to Maumere for the 16 day mermaid 1 biodiversity and then perhaps a couple of days somewhere on the way back if i haven't received the 'Dear john' telegram from my wife yet...

Nice!

Where are you going to be mucking around?

Before then it’s a good season for seeing Mola Mola in Nusa Penida.

20-Sep-2019 Was A Cool Diving in Nusa Penida

this is a good suggestion...i may persuade the wife to come out for 10 days and we will stay on Nusa before i push off on the boats...it's a marriage saver..

and im not sure where i will potentially muck...i basically need to get from toronto to sorong then from ambon to maumere...

and im not sure where i will potentially muck...i basically need to get from toronto to sorong then from ambon to maumere...

You can fly to Sorong direct via Jakarta or through Manado - which would make Lembeh a convenient stop. I highly recommend NAD there. If you have time to muck in Ambon, you can dive with Dive Into Ambon. :) I would stay at the resort that is on site, Maluku Resort and Spa.

the issue in ambon is that, now i am doing this itinerary. i hit ambon on the 12th and need to get on the boat in maumere on the 15th.. we all know that means i have to be in maumere on the 14th which would leave one day as we dock in ambon (12th) and the next day (13th) to dive with DIA....i don't know if i will be up for unpacking/assembling all my kit and repacking for 3/4 dives as opposed to just spending a couple of days R&R, leaving all my gear packed and doing something on the other end after i get off the mermaid....

so it's either, go a week before the first boat and do some diving for a week on the way . ( always preferred, i dislike my first dive of the trip being a boat checkout dive) or tacking a week on the end somewhere between maumere and toronto that isn't too out of the way.

Jeez... you guys...
Reading your "stuff" here, I am just like that little boy drooling (albeit I am neither except for the last) while looking through the candy store window...
Some day...

Jeez... you guys...
Reading your "stuff" here, I am just like that little boy drooling (albeit I am neither except for the last) while looking through the candy store window...
Some day...

I always tell myself you can always make more money but you can't make more time or opportunity. :) YOLO (You only live once) and whatever helps me sleep at night. :) Get after it if that is what makes you truly happy or if it is something you really want to do. At the end of your days, you will be glad you did it and I can say with much confidence that you won't say that you should have saved that money and _______ with it instead. :wink: Or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom