Quick disconnect neck-strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeeDee

Reaction score
I have been diving with the olympus 5050 and OLY PT-015 housing. It is a major pain in the behind to re-thread the neck-strap after a dive , and take it off again before the next one. I have been looking for a quick disconnect that would be small enough to fit into the housing with no luck at all. Any suggestions are welcome, but please don't suggest getting another camera :) .

Deedee, you could try sewing split rings onto the ends of the standard strap. Not an totally ideal solution, but it'll still be quicker than all that threading!!

I used to have a quick release strap on my old EOS1, which had those plastic quick release clips on it. The only problem is that with the strap off, half the clip was left attached to the camera - i doubt the oly would then fit into the housing.

I ran into the same problem. After buying a quick release camera strap that left too much on the camera for the housing - I decided on a small camera bag on a strap and have no strap on the camera.

I put some little clips like you would find on a whistle lanyard on the camera strap. Then I just unclip the neck strap from the camera when I put it in the housing. Clip it back on when I'm using it on land.

Back
Top Bottom