Quick Deploy Signal System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'Diddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Folks,

I just bought a quick deploy signal system. I now need some advise on how best to mount it to my Stilletto BC. It looked like I could weave the bungee that holds the bladder to the harness thru the mouonting holes in the system, but the grommets in the quick deploy system are too small for the hook end of the bungee to fit thru. Anyone out there have any suggestions? TIA:confused:

I have a Ranger LTD and was wondering the same. Its my next buy.

There are a couple of ways to do it...

You can either buy the quick link to attach it (Part # 8011) or use a zip tie.

The way I do it is, unclip the wing and lay the pouch in the section between the bladder and the vest. I run the quick link around the attachment point of the top tank band, then trough the top grommet hole in the pouch. (this is where you could also tie wrap it, if you were so inclined).

The system will set right in there and be very secure once you clip the wing back to the vest.

For the Ranger LTD, we sell the same pouch with a zip on mount, which makes installing it quite simple!

Thanks,

Scott

There are a couple of ways to do it...

You can either buy the quick link to attach it (Part # 8011) or use a zip tie.

The way I do it is, unclip the wing and lay the pouch in the section between the bladder and the vest. I run the quick link around the attachment point of the top tank band, then trough the top grommet hole in the pouch. (this is where you could also tie wrap it, if you were so inclined).

The system will set right in there and be very secure once you clip the wing back to the vest.

For the Ranger LTD, we sell the same pouch with a zip on mount, which makes installing it quite simple!

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info. I'm going with the quick attach link. I thought about using zip ties before asking the question here, but I didn't like the idea of having possible sharp edges rubbing/pressing against the bladder.

Glad to see you're safely back from Korea. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom