Questions Regarding Ffms And Aga V Steath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, I am considering going to FFM after a pool demo. I am trying to arrange a dive demo with my local shop. This will be for typical scuba diving (not public safety or the like), but to depths of 140 and sometimes in strong currents with a high workload.

However, despite a lot of internet research, I still have some questions. Some of these relate to the difference between the divator/AGA mask and the new Stealth, and some are general.

1. I understand the conceptual difference between positive pressure versus demand. What is the difference between positive pressure and demand during the actual dive? Does a positive pressure mask prevent or reduce leaks? Is there a difference in air consumption between the two? Does the positive pressure mask breathe easier?

2. The Divator regulator has long been tested as one of the top, perhaps the top, regulator in terms of performance, as the NEDU and other studies show. This is why I am considering it. The new Stealth has been tested with a very good work of breathing of 1.2 to 1.5 j/ltr at 200 fsw. However, the results do not state what RMV (l/min) this was at. Can you provide this?

3. Can the regulator positions be reversed? I.e. can the AGA and Stealth regulators be set up on either the right or left side?

4. Can the AGA and Stealth be converted from positive pressure to demand or vice versa?

5. I like the orange frame of the guardian for buddy recognation. Can a Stealth be gotten with any color frame?

I have seen your admirable honesty in saying you like to promote the guardian/stealth because you manufacture them, but please give the straight scoop on the AGA as well, as that seems to be on of the longest standing adn best regarded FFMs ever produced.

Also, any user input and comparisons would be welcome! This is a big financial decision so want to get it right the first time.

Thanks!
Guy

Back
Top Bottom