Questions re: Rescue Diver Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very interested in taking a Rescue Diver Course given by NAUI, SDI/TDI or IANTD.

I have all the certifications required to take the course. I have heard it said that it is a very rigorous course and physically demanding.

Was wondering what types of skills and what types of exercises (certain types of weight training for example) would be good preparation for this course?

Thanks,

Sy

I think that if you look into the Rescue Certifications you will see they are not related to PSD. Rescue is a civilian certification where PSD is not.

Gary D.

As Gary said, the rescue cert is very different from PSD diving. But every serious recreational
diver should take a rescue class. Take it from an instructor who's got real experience in it (that will
take some homework). You don't want an instructor who's parroting the xxxI book. Look for an
instructor who's been around forever. Ask them what their toughest rescue was.

The rescue class may save your buddy, or friend, or a stranger, but it will also teach you some
stuff that may save YOUR butt by keeping you from doing something stupid.

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your feedback and I agree with what you say.

I think I should have posted my original message on a less "specialized" area of ScubaBoard.

Sy

As Gary said, the rescue cert is very different from PSD diving. But every serious recreational
diver should take a rescue class. Take it from an instructor who's got real experience in it (that will
take some homework). You don't want an instructor who's parroting the xxxI book. Look for an
instructor who's been around forever. Ask them what their toughest rescue was.

The rescue class may save your buddy, or friend, or a stranger, but it will also teach you some
stuff that may save YOUR butt by keeping you from doing something stupid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom