questions on old gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LadyGoDivin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:bonk:
I am new to this scuba board and relatively new to diving. When I first began in 1999 my salesman recommended that I purchase a Diva QD by SeaQuest with an Oceanic Air XS integrated into the BC. In any case, this has served me quite well for my recreational purposes, however, I am now a dive master with intentions to become an instructor. I have upgraded to a Scuba Pro Knight Hawk (which I already love), but I wonder what my options are in selling my old BC with the Air XS. I thought that maybe you guys that have gone through multiple gear configurations may be able to give me tips on what I could possibly do with this. Is E-Bay my only choice? Have any of you used E-Bay and received and good price after the fees? Should I keep it myself (although I can't imagine myself going back to it unless maybe my Knight Hawk was in for service). I also hope this kind of question is not against any rules of the scuba board. If I am out of line, my sincerest apologies. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
:D

You might try the classified section on this site: http://www.aquatrader.com/aquastuff/viewads.html
It's free & you can always go the ebay route later.
The Diva is a fairly popular BC, you shouldn't have much trouble selling it.
If you've never sold anything on ebay before, folks will post a few tips that will help get top dollar.
I'll start...
Always use pictures.
Do your research, if past auctions have sold your item for a price you'd accept, start your auction off at a buck with no reserve. You'll get more folks bidding & hopefully a higher price.
Offer a 100% "happy or your $$ back" guarantee. Folks like that.
It's OK to exclude shipping from the refund.
If you know someone with a high feedback rating, have them list it for you. People are more likely to spend more $$ if the seller has an established feedback record.

Bob3 is right on the money.
I would add that the big advantage to using eBay is that you will reach a huge number of people. The down side is that it will cost you a couple of bucks to list it, and a percentage of the sale price if it sells.
My wife and I are both eBay merchants. Feel free to PM me with any questions

MgicTwnger once bubbled...
Bob3 is right on the money.
I would add that the big advantage to using eBay is that you will reach a huge number of people. The down side is that it will cost you a couple of bucks to list it, and a percentage of the sale price if it sells.
My wife and I are both eBay merchants. Feel free to PM me with any questions

:D Thanks for the reply and the advice. I will try it out and PM you if I run into problems. What nice people you are!

Why sell?

If you plan to teach, you'll need extra equipment for your students. I'm always on the look out for good deals.

I agree with Walter
Hang onto it, when youa re instructing you can never have enough gear handy. Never know when an extra BCD will come in handy. I never throw out or sell any of my diving gear. And find I use it all the itme for teaching,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom