Questions answered about newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

achu

Reaction score
Ok, I didn´t know where to answer everyone´s questions, so here they are:

First of all, thanks to all of you for being sooo warm to a newbie!

To answer the questions asked in my initial "newbie post":

Dee, Larry: Ok, my idea of not diving in a while... sigh, ok, it hasn´t been THAT long... It is just that I was in a minor taxi vs. taxi accident and my neck has been bothering me a little. BUT the plan is to go diving this monday, even if it means that they throw my gear in first and I go in after it!!! (yea, 130 is the number of logged dives... I don´t log all my dives....Ok ok , I´ll stop complaining about having not gone diving in a while...)

Dee- no need to trade places! This island is big enough for the both of us!!!

Natasha- Yup, I was quite honored to have met Dee on her last trip here. I REALLY want to go diving with her... Maybe next time, huh Dee? Ok, how easy is it for an American to say in Cozumel and live? Wow, that answer would take some time. In short, I came here with no expectations. Just to take it a day at a time and expecting massive culture shock. It isn´t a vacation living here, but it is a great learning experience and I have had an amazing time learning about a different culture and their way of life. I won´t regret this experience for a lifetime!

Scubakat - What do I do here? (other than dive dive dive?) I one of the managers of a beautiful hotel called Hacienda San Miguel. www.haciendasanmiguel.com Or, check out the trip report of a really cool diving guest that just left here a few days ago: http://www.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1078 We have a "live chat" link on our website homepage, so if any of you get bored and want to talk diving, give me a ring!

Ok, I think that answers all the questions! I look forward to all the wonderful information I will be learning from all of you!

achu!

:wink:

You've got a date, Girlfriend! We'll be staying with you at the Hacienda on our next trip...if you have room and I can find decent airfare!

I'm going to start checking prices right away!~

That was just a minor heckle about "not having been diving in a while"! - It's taken me 6 years to get to 130 - - and once every 3 weeks is an "active" rate for me:wink:

Sounds GREAT

And be sure to post any specials that your hotel might be doing. This would be one of the best places to advertise it for cheap and still get plenty of folks interested.

Achu,
Thanks for the answers! Sounds wonderful. I'll be down there in March with a group of divers. We're at another resort this time, but I'll do my best to drop in. Maybe we can come there for dinner one night?
:sunny:

Back
Top Bottom