Questions about Uwatec hoseless computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kermitcc

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking to get a Uwatec hoseless computer. Can anyone tell me what is the different between Aladin Air Z O2 and Aladin Air Z nitrox? Seem like they both can be use with Nitrox.
I found that they are having the same price on www.scubastore.com. Their price are both $690.95. So would like to have more info for both computer. Oh, other than Uwatec, do you guys have any sugguestions for hoseless computer? And how do you like about your Aladin? Many thanks.

Kermit

kermitcc once bubbled...
Hi all, I'm thinking to get a Uwatec hoseless computer. Can anyone tell me what is the different between Aladin Air Z O2 and Aladin Air Z nitrox? Seem like they both can be use with Nitrox.
I found that they are having the same price on www.scubastore.com. Their price are both $690.95. So would like to have more info for both computer. Oh, other than Uwatec, do you guys have any sugguestions for hoseless computer? And how do you like about your Aladin? Many thanks.

Kermit

My understanding is that the Z O2 is for Semi-Closed Rebreaters and has the ability to link up with a wireless O2 analyzer.

I have the Z Nitrox - great computer, getting lots of use out of it. Only drawback is you can't dive with multiple mixes - not a real downside - but thats where my diving is going to go... And really I should be using a plain bottom timer for that anyways - so no biggie.

Another small downside - the MemoMouse is serial only - so I need to use a Serial-USB converted to upload my dive data.

I agree with netmage. I have had my UWATEC Air Z nitrox for about 2 years now (hoseless/air integrated, wrist mounted) with a little over 200 dives on it. 90% of those dives have been in a “Divemaster Capacity” with repetitive and high workloads from hooking into the wrecks from 50 to 145 feet. So far it has worked flawlessly, with the exception of scratching up a few display covers (which are replaceable…) while working with the grapnel hook. Typically since most of my dives are in a divemaster capacity I do not do too much deco diving beyond 5-10 minute required stops.

If you are a typical to advanced recreational diver not looking to do any extended decompression procedures or changing over to different gas mixtures; this is the best I've found.

Good luck.

The only differences I see between the two is;

Air Z O2
-allows adjusting breathing gas in 1% increments to 100% (Air Z Nitrox only up to 50% in 2% increments)
-for about an $800.00 (each) you can purchase a new transmitter (or 2) for use with a rebreather.
-does not allow dive planning (Air Z Nitrox has planning mode)

I hope this helps........by the way I was in the same boat and chose the Air Z Nitrox because of the dive planning mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom