Questions about Rocky Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KC5UX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is the diving at Rocky Point worth the trip? Is there enough dive infrastructure to rent tanks, get fills, etc? I'm considering going in May. Anything you can add would be most appreciated.

Jim Fish
Albuquerque, NM

I used to dive there when I lived in Phx the diving is OK but you really need to dive with someone that is experienced in that area as it has a VERY SEVERE tidal exchange and if you come up in the wrong place the rocky coast isnt very forgiving
I'm told there is a new live aboard boat there I think it is a remodeled boat that I dove off of years ago, the boat was great but the inlet to the dock wasn't deep enough for it to come in on a low tide
Patty's dive shop has different owners it was called "sun & fun" don't know the current status
HOWEVER it's still your closest ocean and it's warmer than Ca.
no reco chamber closeby
save your money & come to Manzanillo & dive with me, today the water is 78 deg & the sea-life is abundant www.gomanzanillo.com/scubamex/index.htm

My most recent Rocky Point dive review.

IMHO, it's more of a "I'm in Rocky Point so I may as well dive" location rather than "I want to go to Rocky Point to dive" sort of place.

Thanks Az Atty - I go to Rocky point about twice a year and have only snorkeled. Next trip - I'm going to have a bunch of equipment to bring. :)

I now have Sun 'n fun divers bookmarked.

The links don't seem to be working, John. And thanks for reminding me of the new liveaboard. Completely forgot about it even though we had a discussion on it.

Following is the response I received from Lea regarding the Rocky Point links posted before (SeaFarirockypoint.com and OceanSunsetCharters.com)

Hi John, ..... Seafari is having issues with its webpage but should be up in a few days. They can also call me at 928-380-8619 or look up visitrockypoint.com. ......​

////

Back
Top Bottom