Questions about new setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Lake

Registered
Reaction score
After reading all I could find on SB I bought a C5050 and a pt -015 housing today and I have a few questions. In my research I remember seeing something about a wide angle and a macro lens that can be attached to the pt-015 underwater, any suggestions on where I can find them and are the any good? I have extra large hands so should I get a tray and handle right away? What about a counter weight? And finally I am going to Cozumel at the end of February and I would like to get some practise dives in with my setup first but I don't know if it is alright to expose my camera gear to conditions where it is sure to ice up upon exit from the water.

Thanks and Happy New Year
Dan

You should have gotten a counterweight with the housing. It's about 3" x 1" and it's been dipped in red rubber coating.

A two handled tray may make it easy for you to handle the rig, with or without strobe(s). On the other hand, you may be like Beast who enjoys being able to hold and shoot with one hand.

Trays and arms are very much dependent on whether you are going to use a strobe or two. You can certainly use the camera in the housing without a tray and get great shots like Gilligan, but if you add strobe(s) you need a tray. I use Aquatica arms and a tray that I have assembled over the years but others are using trays that have come out recently that are designed specifically forthe PT-015. Perhaps someone with one of the Fisheye trays could post a photo or you could go the route that Gilligan did by combining a tray with loc-line parts for arms.

Personally I'd try to get used to the camera and its very many functions first and add the other stuff later. Just MHO.
TEdJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom