Questions about Nemo Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impulse

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I bought a brand new nemo excel and used it for four times. But when I enter the log book there is a 5th dive recorded which has a date back to 2003?. I thought there should be 4 dives. Is that one extra dive that is recorded on the log book could be a test dive record which was done by the mares itself? I started to think if that is a used computer? Before I ask this to the LDS I would like an answer.

My second qeustion could be stupid but is as follows, when I was back from the dive, I saw a little rust where the strap is connected to the body of the computer. I wipe the rust away with a pice of paper and it went away. Now I look there with a magnifier and I see a tiny little cavity there, where I saw the rust. This cavity is so small, I can hardly see it. I do not remember if I hit the computer somewhere or something was fall on it. Would this tiny little cavity could cause a rust problem? Is the whole body of the watch is stainless steel? If it is why it had a rust which went away when I wipe it? Is there chorme coating or something? How can I avoid the rust to develop at that section of the watch? Would painting there work?

My third questions is, most watches I saw has a graphic that shows the nitrogen level. But this computer has not. Why is that? How will I understand what is my nitrogen level for example, before the second dive?

My last question is, I could not find any surfice time feature anywhere in the manual.
This computer does not calculate the surface interval?

Thanks for the answers.

I have the a dive logged prior my 1st dive also, so, I guess it would be the pressure testing.

SI is manually calculated, ie. after you finish your dive, there should be a time counting down from 24:00, 24 hrs minus the time showing, you've got your SI. or alternatively, look at the dive log and do some calculation~~ although not ideal, that's how it works.......

Thanks ahmondjai,

No answers to my other questions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom