question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Hamburger:
Steven,

I think you are the only person on all the boards who continues to encourage people to take a boat trip on a sea during its monsoon season.

I tend to agree with you Hamburger. On a similar note, have you heard about the new daytrip boat being launched this week to accommodate max. 80 guests? One can imagine the repercussions....

As for Stevenl : "There is not one single diving center in Phuket where you will get a personal service like mine, and where you will get anhonest advice like mine."

I am truly amazed by your self promotional assessment on SB, there are - in fact - many dive operators on Phuket offering excellent personalized and more importantly HONEST service.

Ringo,

I give a truly honest service. As mentioned earlier, somebody saying something different than anybody else who have been saying the same thing for years, does not mean the 1 person is not being honest.
It may simply mean, there is somebody who thinks a bit differently than the others.

Not agreeing with that and having a discussion on the subject is fine, but posting personal views on a person or business without even knowing the person or business only based on different opinions on a subject I think is not called for.

And now even worse, accusing somebody of being dishonest because of a difference of opinions?

I think we would all be wise if we returned to the subject, being diving at the Similans oustide of the high season, and I think my ideas on this subject are clear now, and the guests I've had the last off-season were very happy, many of them returning again the upcoming off-season.

stevenl:
Ringo,

I give a truly honest service. As mentioned earlier, somebody saying something different than anybody else who have been saying the same thing for years, does not mean the 1 person is not being honest.
It may simply mean, there is somebody who thinks a bit differently than the others.

Not agreeing with that and having a discussion on the subject is fine, but posting personal views on a person or business without even knowing the person or business only based on different opinions on a subject I think is not called for.

And now even worse, accusing somebody of being dishonest because of a difference of opinions?

I think we would all be wise if we returned to the subject, being diving at the Similans oustide of the high season, and I think my ideas on this subject are clear now, and the guests I've had the last off-season were very happy, many of them returning again the upcoming off-season.

Enormous apologies Stevenl that you misunderstood my post. Perhaps you read something in between the lines. I merely disputed your claim that only 1 dive operation on Phuket offers ex amount of services as apposed to the fact that there are many others who do just as well. In other words let us acknowledge and not ignore other professionals or competitors on Phuket who also deserve due recognition.

"There is not one single diving center in Phuket where you will get a personal service like mine, and where you will get anhonest advice like mine."

I would have to disagree with that statement. Indeed, in the 5 years I have been here, I have seen many dive centres who try to offer something personal.

(aside) Blows own trumpet for a start

I did some freelance work for Ringo a few years back and found their dive centre to be very friendly and customer oriented. My friend Diego who works for another agent also likes to give a very personal service. I would say John and Bent also give excellent service and honest advice. Et cetera.

Y'all have a happy Christmas now.

Jamie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom