Suggestion Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
A

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if this is related to the software change you announced or not.

Used to be what I clicked on a heading link, like Scuba Board, when I was in any given thread I would get a new page loaded. For example, if I posted in a thread and then clicked on the forum link I would get a new page that included all the current activity.

If all I wanted was what was cached on my machine I just clicked on Back.

Now when I click on the heading link I just get whatever is cached on my system. If I want all the current activity I must click on Refresh.

What is going on?

Another example: I posted a thread in a Forum. After posting Clicked on the heading link to get back to the Forum. It didn't show my new thread. I clicked Refresh and there it was.

So apparently no matter what I do my browser is always retrieving the cached page instead of the current page. It didn't used to do that and that I recall only does it with your site.

???

Caching is controlled by both the server and a user's browser; to save on page load time (for dialup users) we now default to browser settings for caching prefaces. To change your cache preferences in internet explorer open up "internet options" and in the "general" tab change the first option to "Every time I visit a page". This will force your browser to look for a new page when a site is loaded instead of using the cache.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom